Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Digital Story: Animoto

This week I did a digital story using Animoto. I enjoyed how easy it was to use, but the text restrictions became bothersome at times. I also would have enjoyed putting text over my images instead of just having captions. 

I picked the topic of frieze patterns because my fourth graders are currently discussing symmetry and different types of frieze patterns. Frieze patterns can be difficult for them to grasp at times due to the rotations and reflections of objects. We have been doing a lot of practice the past week. 

I hope you enjoy my video and learn something new! 

Please note: There is a lot of information out there on frieze patterns, but this video is for fourth graders using the Everyday Math program. The program focuses on the three main types of frieze patterns in simplistic terms. The quotes were also taken from my fourth graders during activities we did last week with frieze patterns.  




1 comment:

  1. Great job... I love the way you started it off by asking the viewer what they saw.... it personalizes the viewing and makes it interactive... very cool

    ReplyDelete